Magic Socks: At Home Hydrotherapy
- Magic socks is an at home hydrotherapy method used to stimulate circulation. This enhances immune function and detoxification.
- It works great for upper respiratory symptoms such as colds, flus, and is especially useful in children.
- It also can be helpful for supporting overall vitality and can enhance sleep and relaxation.
How to do Wet Socks:
What you will need:
- A bath or bucket with warm water (just enough to cover the feet)
- Two pairs of long socks:
- One pair thin cotton socks
- One pair thick wool socks (snowboarding/ski socks work great)
- You will want to do this therapy right before going to bed
- Wet and thoroughly wring out the thin socks, place in freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Soak the feet in warm water for 3-5 minutes
- Dry the feet and quickly pull on the cold socks and immediately pull on the thick socks, making sure the thicker socks cover the entirety of the wet sock
- Get into bed and get under the covers.
- You will feel a pulsation and you know the treatment is working!
- Allow yourself to fall asleep with the socks on and over the course of the next few hours your body will work to dry the socks.
- Remove the socks in the morning.